Brand consistency is critical for effectively marketing your company or cause. From the color of your logo and font of your tagline to the associated imagery and messaging, everything should be consistent and cohesive.
When it comes to the colors and formats of your company’s or cause’s logo, keep these basics and best practices top-of-mind:
- CMYK – an abbreviation for cyan, magenta, yellow, and black — is a color model in which all colors are described as a mixture of these four process colors.
- CMYK is the standard color model used in offset printing for full-color documents. Because such printing uses inks of these four basic colors, it is often called four-color printing.
- RGB – an abbreviation for red, green, and blue – is the color model for the Web.
- One of the most difficult aspects of desktop publishing is color matching; that is, properly converting the RGB colors into CMYK colors so that the printed materials look the same as they do on the monitor.
Pantone Matching System (PMS)
- A popular color matching system used by the printing industry to print spot colors. Good for two-color logos.
- The Pantone Matching System assures that you get the right color when the file is printed, even though the color may not look right when displayed on your monitor.
File Format Use
- EPS:For printed materials; EPS (vector) files can be enlarged to any size without loss of clarity; transparent background
- JPEG:For Web, e-mail, and Word; white background
- TIFF: For high-quality printed materials; will lose clarity if enlarged; white background
- PNG: For Web and Word; transparent background
- PDF:All-purpose format; white background
Whether your brand identity is well-established or has been recently refreshed, commit to ensuring it is represented accurately in all applications. From your social media marketing avatars to your print advertising, website and tradeshow collateral, consistency is key to bolstering brand recognition and ensuring clients, prospects and partners have a strong association between your image and your company or cause.
Is your company in need of a new brand identity or logo refresh? Click here to learn more about our graphic design and branding services.